Friday, December 12, 2008

First Post!

My mother has had a horrible influence on me - she has made me want my very own blog. And, since I just finished with all of my nursing finals, I really have no excuse NOT to start blogging... I suppose wedding planning will take up a lot of my freetime, but now I have a great way to keep everyone updated on the progress! :)

I have realized that I will soon be starting my own household - I will be married to a police officer, going to school to become a registered nurse, and hopefully once I am out of school, starting a family of my own. This blog is intended to keep family and friends updated on our newly married life. The happenings in the Frusti household is not guaranteed to be exciting stuff - but who knows? As my mom loves to quote, "Life is...what happens while you are making other plans."

The title of my blog comes from the group, Shielded Hearts - the name of a "community of women finding hope in police life through education, friendships, and faith." Information about this group was posted at Gabriel's police department, encouraging police officers' wives to join. I still need to research this group a little more, but I plan on joining once we are married. http://shieldedhearts.com/index.html

I feel like my mother already... While writing this post I have accomplished numerous other things...other than simply writing a post. I watched the news, balanced Gabriel's checking account, baked cookies, straightened my hair, talked to Gabriel on the phone, and texted a friend from work. On the list of things to do this afternoon: grocery shopping, going to the DMV, cleaning the apartment, and baking friendship bread. Then tonight we will go see Hannah's Christmas concert!

...oh the things blogging holds in store...

2 comments:

  1. So, this might be how we keep connected when you move 3 minutes away. Nice first post, dear daughter.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the life of blogging,

    ReplyDelete