The whirlwind of activity has begun. It started several days ago, but now it has officially begun - it is Christmas Eve Day! I don't have that much time to write posts - in fact, I probably shouldn't be doing this right now - but I really wanted to slip in a quick post before the wedding!
Here is a quick update on my life:
My grandparents and my aunt, uncle and cousins from CA are here.
It has snowed more than 15 inches in the past three days.
I have driven out to Waukesha Memorial for a job interview (that was a messy drive).
I have moved ALL of my things over to Gabe's apartment.
Gabe and I have opened up our few Christmas presents from his family.
All presents for our wedding party are wrapped and ready to go!
Most of the other wedding planning is finished as well...and I have a preliminary timeline of what will happen Saturday morning.
It has been a busy busy week thus far, and it is only going to get more busy. I am still really worried that I won't be that "beautiful bride" or that things won't run smoothly...but God-willing everything will go just fine. I really think the thing I am most worried about is walking down the aisle. Everyone will be looking at me! From all of my plays and musicals I should be prepared for this, right?? No way! This isn't a role or a part to play - this is real life, and it freaks me out to be the center of attention, wearing a big white dress, everyone looking at me. I really shouldn't think about that now...
There is so much racing through my mind... The other night I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about so much, so I finally got a notebook and a pencil and put it on the nightstand next to my bed. I got up about every 5 minutes and wrote another thing on my to-do list. After several hours of doing this I finally fell asleep. Up until last night, my nights have been pretty sleepless. I have been tired every day, even though I have been laying in bed for 6-8 hours every night. It's so funny - I am so excited to be married, and I love Gabe so much and yet...this day is going to be a little scary too. :)
So...this post has been a lot of ramblings, but I needed to post one more time before the wedding. We will be on our honeymoon until Tuesday, December 30th...and I don't plan on posting again until AFTER that. Merry Christmas everyone!!
Congratulations Bekah. The few pictures I've seen show you to be a beautiful bride. We still have some special stones to send you for your fountain. My you a Gabe have a blessed New Year as your life together begins.
ReplyDelete