Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My first trip to the courthouse...

By nature of his job, Gabriel has been to the county courthouse on numerous occasions. Yesterday, however, we made a trip downtown together. Neither one of us knew exactly where we were going - we just knew that we had to get to room 105. After passing through the metal detectors, walking around aimlessly on several floors, and commenting on the enormous Christmas tree in the center of the building, we finally found what we were looking for - the county clerk's office. It took all of 10 minutes to fill out our marriage license application (and all of $100 as well) and we will be able to pick up our license at the beginning of next week. We walked out of the office beaming from ear to ear. Such a little thing, but extremely important, and we both were very excited to finally have that done. This past semester has been a busy one for myself, and with Gabriel starting a new job it has been difficult for us to always be excited about planning a wedding. However, as the day draws closer, we are both eagerly and anxiously looking forward to the wedding. Now if I could just get rid of this dumb cold, I would love to get a whole bunch of wedding things done! It's a good thing I have my mother and sisters who are all so helpful when it comes to wedding preparations. :)

Gabriel and I spent yesterday evening with my brother Philip and his girlfriend, Kim. We went shopping at Aldi for ingredients for dinner, and then the boys prepared our meal. As we waited for our food we sipped on some sparkling apple cider. They made pasta with spaghetti sauce to which they added Italian sausage. We also had some garlic bread and green beans as well as a milk (of course). After everything was cleaned up, we watched Chuck (by the way, I am very sad that it does not come back until February 2nd!!). Then we went to Candy Cane Lane where we enjoyed pretty lights, and got mad at other cars for not turning off their lights. We also snacked on some Mickey Mouse gummy candies which we got from the volunteers from the MACC fund who stand in the street in Christmas costumes and hand out candy. After we left, we drove around trying to find this house that has all of its Christmas lights synced to music. We finally got the help of my mom and Mrs. May who sent us in the direction of 104th street and Howard. Gabe was very excited to finally make it there, and we stayed for all four songs. It's really cool to watch the lights flash on and off to Manheim Steamroller...definitely going to make this one of our Christmas traditions!!

As a little girl, I always imagined being able to do fun things with my siblings and their significant others. I love that Gabe and I have been able to hang out with Phil and Kim on several occasions. I know this is jumping the gun...by many many years...but I cannot wait to be able to visit my siblings and their spouses...and their kids!! :D

1 comment:

  1. What!? Chuck is not on again until February 4th!? What am I going to do?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete