When we first arrived, we unloaded our stuff and then I helped Grandma prepare dinner. I divided and rolled the dough into the infamous "Grandma's Buns" and helped prepare the salad. We also made the egg casserole for breakfast on Tuesday morning as well as mushed peaches and strawberries for ice cream toppings. I think Grandma was quite pleased as she watched her oldest granddaughter excelling in the kitchen. I hope I made her proud and I hope she knows that I am slowly starting to hold my own as the woman of my house. We had dinner that night out on the porch. I always loved eating out there for some reason. Of course, I've always loved pretty much everything about Grandma and Grandpa's house...especially some home cookin'!
On Monday (the next day), Gabe and my Grandpa did some work outside in the morning. Weed pulling/killing, trimming, etc. Gabe loves that kind of stuff...as you can see from the picture.
We then headed to Mirror Lake State Park where Grandpa volunteers a couple times a week. Grandpa gave us the grand tour and then we stopped by the beach for a picnic. We had all made sandwiches on the leftover buns from dinner the night before...with deli meat and good cheese...delicious!
As if that wasn't enough fun and excitement for the day, Grandpa and Grandma took us out to eat at Cracker Barrel. Have I mentioned that it was very very hot that day??? Sitting in the air conditioned restaurant felt amazing...
That night, despite the heat, Gabe and I went on a walk around the neighborhood. We talked a lot about future houses, and especially the condo (which we have now made an offer on!). Of course, we stopped by the park behind the hospital and I enjoyed a few minutes of swinging on the swings. There's me on the swing...with the baby!
Afterward we went back to Reedsburg, by Main Street and got some hot dogs from Jimmy's hot dog stand. We ate our meal in City Park where we used to play a lot when my family lived there. It was very very very hot, but we found some relief in the shade. I enjoyed swinging on the swings after we ate (I've always been one for swings...).
All-in-all we had a wonderful time at Grandpa and Grandma's. Home cooked meals, watching Discovery Channel and HGTV at night together, sitting around the table in the morning just talking, me and Grandma watching "the men" outside doing their work, helping Grandma in the kitchen, Gabe and I sleeping in separate beds in the guest room (well maybe not that one so much...) - I love trips to Grandpa and Grandma's! :)
P.S. On our trip back, we stopped at Johnson Creek Outlet Mall and got some great deals. I got my first maternity swimsuit, a maternity dress which I LOVE, and Gabe got some more t-shirts and polos from Old Navy. We also got a few things for our kitchen, and some soap at Bath and Body Works!
No comments:
Post a Comment