Saturday, September 25, 2010

A new mommy-do!

Several weeks ago, during one of Gabe's days off, I decided, rather on a whim, to chop off my hair.  During my pregnancy with Jacob, my hair practically glowed, it was thick, and I loved it.  Then, once I gave birth, it started falling out.  Still to this day, when I brush through my hair, I am amazed that I have not yet gone bald.  I have heard that this can be one of the ailments of post-pregnancy (to me, this is almost worse than some of the pregnancy woes).  However, I didn't think it would last 9 months (and counting...)!  One semi-solution to this problem, I thought, would be to chop it off.  I was sick of my long hair, tired of my bathroom being covered in it, and ready for a change.

With Gabe's permission, and a sad goodbye (for him, anyway), I walked through the bushes behind our condo, down the drive by the trailer park, through the Pick N' Save parking lot and to Supercuts!  (By the way, as a side note, we've never really used this secret passageway, but it only took me maybe 3 minutes to walk there.)  A few snips of the scissor, some highlights, a lot of laughs from some fun hair stylists, and way too much money later, I was a new woman!!

Here is a picture from right afterward, but I really think it looks better in person. I like it because it's simple to take care of in the morning, Jacob can't as easily pull on it, and I think it makes me look a little more mature.  Gabe likes it down, but I enjoy putting it up into a messy pony because then it is out of my face.  Either way, I think I'll keep it like this for a while... :)

1 comment:

  1. So I'm a little late in keeping up with your blog but I just have to tell you I love the new look.

    ReplyDelete