Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm In Love!!

...with "Babywearing" that is.  This is something I had only heard a little of prior to having Jacob, but I was intrigued by the concept so we bought a Baby K'tan.  I did not wear Jacob very much in his first few months of life, but when I did, I found it to be a lot of fun...and it was great to snuggle with him while doing some things around the house.  Now, looking back, I wish I had worn him more frequently because the benefits, especially during school, could have been great.  Since graduation, I have more frequently been visiting the site BabyCenter.  There are many groups on this site, all moms (and some dads) who share common interests or birth months.  I have found it to be really helpful when I have questions or concerns, or just want to share a cute picture or a special moment.  One of the groups I recently joined is the "babywearing" group.  These moms are a lot more committed to wearing their kiddos than I am, but it's a lot of fun to see all of the pictures and hear all of their stories....  And I am quickly becoming a babywearing advocate.

After reading the information here and here, and reading all of the posts from the baby wearing group on Baby Center, I was fascinated.  I then read some really really interesting information here about safe and proper positioning in a carrier, which I had never heard before.  It made perfect sense, and has better educated me on babywearing.  In the past couple of months I have added the following to my stash of babywearing loot.  I have a feeling that with our future children, I will be doing a lot more babywearing. 


Eww.  Look at that wrapping job, and that awful 6 days post-delivery face and body!


Great for hot weather!  Takes a lot of practice, especially with back carrying but we are quickly getting the hang of it!  Not easy on/easy off, but really really awesome!


LOVE this sling!  It has easily become me go-to carrier because it is great for hip carries, and it is easy to get on and off.  I wear him in this almost every time we go shopping.



 This is supposed to be a really great carrier, but so far we're having a hard time figuring out how to tie it properly.  For some reason, whether I wear him on the front or back, the carrier eventually sags.  Jacob doesn't seem to mind, but it will bother me until I get it right.

I LOVE babywearing!  Gabe even wears Jacob sometimes too, and he is supportive of my "addiction".  He understands the awesome benefits of babywearing as well as its practical function.  Yep.  We are officially babywearers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment