Yes, Jacob is 8 months old (as of august 10th). It's funny because for the past month or so he has seemed so much older to me. It's hard for me to always remember what milestones are "supposed" to be met when, but I think for the most part he is doing very well!
For the last 2 months he has been army crawling (which he is really good at!) and more recently he has adopted the more conventional method of crawling. For the last month or so he has been pulling up on things and more recently he has become a pro at walking along things, stepping up onto ledges, getting into places he shouldn't, pulling down things, etc.
He feeds himself, drinks from a sippy, knows his name, is starting to grasp object permanence, understands "no" (but doesn't always listen), claps his hands, and is starting to know and (hopefully) imitate some signs. We're working on waving bye-bye and I really want to keep working on signs because I know how helpful they can be. He is talkative, but doesn't make "da" and "ba" sounds usually like I hear a lot of other babies do. We've heard lots of other sounds though from "v" to "l" sounds, so hopefully that is okay. He is quite the busy body, gets into everything and won't sit still! Cuddling is a thing of the past (another reason I love babywearing - it's the only time he really "cuddles"), and getting him to sit still to read him some books can be a chore, especially if he just wants to move. Most of the time I read to him laying on the floor with a big lap book on the floor. He enjoys crawling on it and trying to get it off the ground while I read to him. I hope as he gets older and understands more that he likes storytime because both his mommy and daddy LOVE to read!
Here is a photo bomb with no captions, because I think these pictures just speak for themselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment