Both Gabe and I need to lose weight, there's no question about that in our minds. Me, especially, since I just had a baby. I still have a little ways to go just to get back to my pre-Levi-pregnancy weight. Getting back to my pre-Jacob-pregnancy weight is a completely different issue...
The challenge is this: Gabe and I both have a goal of losing 20 lbs in 3 months. Whoever loses 20 lbs first, however, gets to go on a shopping spree, amount yet to be determined. Fun! Right?
My plan is pretty simple. I am going to start working out again. Nothing too crazy or strenuous; I just want to get into a good routine of living an active lifestyle. I will try to walk several times a week with the boys or just on my own when Gabe is around. I also will do a lot of stretching, yoga, pilates, light hand weight exercises, and Wii Fit Plus. I also will cut down on portion sizes and watch what I eat more closely. Fad diets are rarely good for you and they don't create lasting results. Everything in moderation is going to be my motto, while really trying to cut down on sweets (especially icecream!). Sounds pretty simple, right? So, hopefully I'll be able to achieve the results I want!
After just a couple of days of watching what I eat and working out, my body is sore but I have more energy and I feel good! I'm glad Gabe and I are in this together because I do much better when I have encouragement from other people. I hope to also start posting on facebook my weight loss totals as a way to hold myself accountable and hopefully getting some positive feedback from friends and family.
Nice idea! I might have to steal it. ;o)
ReplyDelete