My family has been down with "the sickness" for the past week or so. ... Okay.... Now I have the song (I use that term loosely) by Disturbed called 'The Sickness' in my head. But not the original version. The Richard Cheese version. He takes hard rock songs and turns them into a bluesy, jazzy version which, due to the dynamic contrast between genres, is both comical and just plain weird. I have this version of 'The Sickness' now playing in my head. Weird.
Anyway. What I meant to say is my family has been sick with colds, coughs, sore throats, etc. for about the past week. First it was Jacob. Then I noticed that Levi had a seal-bark, croupy cough. Both boys got worse over a few days, but never enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. As they started to get better, I got sick. Fortunately, Gabe has been holding up well. I'm crossing my fingers that he continues to stay healthy, because I know that going to work while you are not feeling well is not fun, and in his line of work can even be dangerous.
I have been quickly learning what my mom meant all those years when she told me that as a mom, even when you get sick, you have to suck it up and deal with it - a mom doesn't get a break even when she's not feeling well. How true that is! Kids still need to be taken care of, Levi needs to nurse, Jacob needs to eat, the house needs to at least stay at functioning capacity, and Gabe still needs to go to work. I can't just decide to take the day off from being a stay-at-home mom and lounge around the house all day, sleeping on the couch watching Disney movies. I've realized that there are people depending on you to keep some semblance of normal life going around here and you just have to suck it up, deal with it, and cross your fingers that the boys nap at the same time.
With that being said, my husband usually is very good about making sure I get to lay down in the afternoon before he goes to work, and he realizes how tiring my days can be especially when I am sick and helps out the best he can in any way he can. (Just one of the many reasons I love him so!) Now, if I was VERY sick, I am sure I could call up my mom and ask her to watch one or both of the boys so I could rest. I've done this in the past and am so thankful not only that they live close by, but that they are so willing to help out if needed.
These are just the random musings of my brain over the past few days. Thankfully, we are now on the tail-end of this sickness, and will hopefully be 100% better shortly!
No comments:
Post a Comment