Wow, so apparently I can't keep up with blogging because almost 2 months have passed since I last blogged. Needless to say (though I'll say it anyway) plenty has happened in those 2 months. For one thing, I have been married for 68 days (no, I'm not counting, but facebook is). For all who read....and even if you don't, here's a little bit about what's been happening with me lately:
School is going well. It's about to get pretty busy because I have midterms next week and I have to get ready for my trip next Friday! I am leaving for a nursing mission trip next week - we are going to Belize in South America. Belize is a third world country, with very poor healthcare. Fortunately, medical students and nursing students visit throughout the year running clinics, doing home visits, teaching in the grade schools and helping out in the hospitals. I am so excited to be able to go down with a group of fellow nursing students and experience all of this!! We are also bringing down a couple suitcases of medical supplies and flip flops. Hookworm is common down there because hardly anyone wears shoes. We will only be there 10 days, but hopefully we will be able to do some good and leave a lasting impact on these people.
I guess that is all I will say for now because my husband and I are going to go watch the last episode of Chuck now...but for my mom, dad, and Mary I want to let all of you know that I am eagerly looking forward to spending time with you all this weekend - especially tomorrow night - chili dinner with grandma and grandpa! I love married life, but sometimes I miss my family. Just wanted to let you know. :-)
And THAT really IS all. For now anyway...
I was so excited to see a post from my daughter...and your ending, well that just brings tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see everyone, too. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete