Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Texas Frustis come to visit!

Last Sunday (May 30th), the Texas Frustis arrived!  We enjoyed spending several days with them and are excited to be heading down south in just a few months to spend even more time with them!

Sunday evening Jacob and I met everyone at their hotel and enjoyed some time in the pool.  It was Jacob's first time in a real pool (he sat in our kiddie pool on one occasion) and he loved it!  He kicked and splashed a lot and was happy as a little fish until he started to get cold.  On Tuesday, Gabe was off of work, so we all went back to the hotel for some more pool (and hot tub!) time. It was fun to see daddy and baby playing together in the pool.  Jacob got so excited, at times it seemed like he would just bubble over with glee!


On Monday we had a LOT of family and friends over for brunch.  On the menu?  Homemade cinnamon rolls, homemade sour cream coffee cake, homemade banana chocolate chip muffins, fresh fruit salad, homemade egg casserole, and lots of coffee and juice.  All counted, I think there were 25 people who were over at one time that morning and afternoon.  Even though it occasionally felt chaotic with so many people milling about wanting food, going in and out, and tracking dirt throughout my clean house (laugh if you must, Mom), I had a moment that day when I just paused for a minute to think and realized how very blessed Gabe and I are.  It really felt good being able to have so many family members and friends at our home. 


(These are just a few of the pairs of shoes which belong to our visitors...many were still on feet or were taken off at other places around the house.)

We also enjoyed some Wii Sports, KFC dinner, ultimate football, and a few precious baby-free hours with the hubby!  (Mom and Dad Frusti willingly volunteered to watch Jacob while Gabe and I went on a mini date.  We played mini-golf in which Gabe just barely beat me, then I got creamed in a hunting arcade game.  We also went to the library and did some shopping at Walmart for some final things to spruce up the landscaping around our house.) 


It is nice that Gabe's parents are so dedicated to seeing their family no matter how far away they may be.  Of course, their adorable grandchildren may be a slight incentive to make the journey up north...  Either way, we certainly were blessed to be able to see them again and enjoyed our time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment