Friday, May 21, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls...

No, they do not go with my current diet, nor are they even the slightest bit "healthy" or good for you.
Yes, they are delicious.


So, this is what I did Thursday evening and this morning.  I made A LOT of cinnamon rolls.  Everything went pretty smoothly, and I didn't create too much of a mess (not that it matters since I was the one cleaning it up...), and most importantly - they tasted amazing!  I cut down on the butter (it calls for so much in the recipe!) but they still were gooey, buttery, moist, melty...mmm....  I love the maple syrup and coffee flavoring...yummm... 

Back to reality.  For some reason I never got a picture of them rolled into a log...or a picture of them actually iced.  Whoops.  Just imagine the same picture-perfect cinnamon rolls with oozing, gooey icing all over them.  You get the idea.

I now have two 9x13 disposable aluminum pans as well as a round pan of baked, iced cinnamon rolls frozen in our ever-shrinking freezer.  I also have a 9x13 pan for Gabe to bring to work tomorrow AND we had some from another round pan this morning.  That is A LOT of cinnamon rolls!!  I definitely will be making these come next Thanksgiving/Christmas season.  They taste like a Fall/Winter breakfast food...and something I would love to have on hand when we have family over.  :)

This was my first adventure with The Pioneer Woman's cookbook!  I'm sure there will be many more to come - if I can conquer these gooey treats, I'm sure I could undertake, say...an entree.  Bring it on!


1 comment:

  1. They look great! I wish i could see them all done! And I might even eat one, if you let me!

    ReplyDelete