This past weekend marked an important turning point in my life. After 18 years of education in 5 different schools (including home school!), I have earned a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Concordia University-Wisconsin and graduated cum laude. I have learned so much, especially these last 4 years, and I have created memories that will last me a lifetime. I am so proud of myself, and so thankful to my husband, family, and friends for their support and encouragement. This is a huge achievement...worth every penny, sleepless night, headache, and tear shed over these past several years.
I am embarking on a brand new journey now: the life of a stay-at-home mom, who will be working part time as a registered nurse starting next Fall. I will now fill my days with other activities- no more homework; no more clinicals or school. I can spend my days cleaning and cooking (new cookbooks to be explored...), playing with Jacob and going for walks. I can now begin the exercise routine that I so desperately have wanted to start but didn't have the time. I can focus on my new coupon addiction. I can read more books (that means library and Half-Price Books, here I come!). I can take time to relax when I need to (or want to). And, most importantly, I can spend more time with my husband and baby!
I plan to continue this blog because: 1) creative writing skills are always important 2) I want to keep my family and friends updated on our family adventures, 3) keeping a journal (of sorts) is helpful in organizing my own thoughts and feelings and 4) it's a great way to document memories!
My goals for continuing this blog:
1) Updates at least once a week
2) Update savings once a week
3) Keep it fun!
So...here is to a new beginning!
Yea! My google reader picked you up! Glad to have you back!
ReplyDelete