Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot dog!

Yesterday, Jacob and I went on a shopping excursion.  Gabe's family is coming into town next week, so we will be providing a few meals for quite a crowd.  We are providing breakfast one morning (cinnamon rolls!) and dinner another day.  Gabe and I decided it would be fun to have a hotdog bar with all the fixin's.  Thus began my mission to stock up on hotdogs.  As cheaply as possible, of course.

Target:
4 packages of 10 Oscar Mayer Beef Hotdogs - on sale for $2.54 each (regular price $3.04)
- Target coupon for buy 3 get 1 FREE
- used 2 coupons for $1 off 2
TOTAL = 4 for $5.62 or $1.40 each
Savings =  $6.54

Walgreens:
2 packages of 10 Oscar Mayer Hotdogs - $2.99 each
- Walgreens deal buy one get one FREE
- used 1 coupon for $1 off 2
TOTAL = 2 for $1.99 or $0.99 each
- used $2 in register rewards from previous purchase
TOTAL = 2 FREE!
Savings = $5.99

6 packages of hotdogs for $5.62!  I saved $12.53!!  That's almost 70% savings!  :)

Yes, I could have made several purchases at Walgreens and gotten all of the packages for $0.99 each after my first transaction.  However, Gabe likes the all beef hotdogs, and Walgreens was not offering any deals on those particular kind (just the regular hotdogs).  Also, I had to run to Target anyway and did not feel like making several transactions at Walgreens...and besides, I am very happy with my overall savings!  :)

I also had some other great deals on diapers, baby food, and the new Windex outdoor cleaning kit...but I'll spare you the details.  ;)

 Thank you, Mom for getting me hooked on coupons!!  You've turned your daughter into a crazy woman!

1 comment:

  1. That make me giggle...good job! I shall learn from the master!

    ReplyDelete