Thursday, May 20, 2010

Post-Graduation...

The past 3 days have been simply wonderful.  My hubby has had off from work, so, for the first time in...a very long time, we have had 3 days with absolutely nothing we need to do.

Monday and Tuesday were filled with activities around the house and around the neighborhood.  We cleaned the house, did the laundry, went on walks to the park, and went shopping.  I also started the Special K Challenge on Monday...  So far, it's been going well and I have already lost almost 2 lbs!  I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is very important that I am careful about how I lose the weight, because while a woman is breastfeeding, rapid weight loss or poor nutrition can cause a sharp decline or complete stop of milk production.  This short-term diet plan (which only lasts for 2 weeks, with a goal of losing up to 6 lbs) combined with starting a new exercise regimen (mostly walking, Taebo and Yoga) should really help me start watching what I eat and help me become more physically active!  Starting in June, I will probably be joining Weight Watchers with a friend (left nameless for now, in case she doesn't want people to know!).  I am sure I will share more in the months to come about my goal to lose the rest of the baby weight...and then some!  :)

The hubby is back to work this evening, and now that the baby is sleeping, the house is quiet.  For the first time since graduation, I realized that I'm not quite done yet.  I still have to the pass the National Council Licensure Exam-RN (also known as the NCLEX).  I will primarily use a review book, using my notes and textbooks to supplement.  Now, after several days of relaxing and not thinking about school...I suddenly feel like I am back in nursing school again and have so much to accomplish in such a short time. 

Hopefully once I pass the NCLEX (which I will!), then I will finally feel ready to completely start this new part of my life.  These past few days have been a beautiful glimpse into the things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment