Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Commercial

I recently started doing some online surveys through reputable companies where not only am I compensated for my time in one way or another, but the surveys are relevant and interesting (most of the time). 

A month or so ago I took a survey that asked my opinion about a commercial.  A couple of weeks later I was watching TV and saw that very commercial being aired!  I had really liked this commercial when I took the survey, and I really liked it seeing it actually on TV.  It felt weird, but really cool, to know that my opinion was important and actually impacted something that millions of Americans will view while watching their TV over the next however many months. 

I usually only spend a couple of days a week doing surveys for these companies.  The compensation I have received for doing this for only a few months has been a lot more than I originally anticipated.  I mostly just wanted to share my opinion in a way that I felt I was actually being heard.  However, it has now become so much more than that! 

(Note: I did not mention the actual commercial since this would break the privacy and confidentiality policies of the companies of which I am a member.)

No comments:

Post a Comment