Given his profession, Gabe kind of has an obsession with police-related gear, equipment, and clothing. Occasionally I get annoyed with his requests for new knives, flashlights, gear, etc.
"Can I get _____?"
"I really need this....."
"You know...I really could use another ______."
Sometimes, however, I grant his requests. Or give him permission. Or allow it in the budget. Or...just give in.
Sometimes, we have conversations about these things. A recent conversation went something like this:
Me: "Ya know... You have so many high quality flashlights that are small, powerful and work really well but I don't know where any of them are!! Ya know, when we lost power that one time I had to use that big crappy cheap flashlight...which I think is kind of unfair since you have like a million really good flashlights. Your wife and son don't even get to use the good ones!"
Gabe: "Do you want a flashlight?"
Me: "Can you get me a good one?"
Gabe: "Uhh...yeah."
Me: "Can you get a pink one?" (I don't even really like the color pink but somehow a pink flashlight just seems feminine and perfect...kind of like a pink gun)
Gabe: "Uhh...yeah."
Thus the stage was set for my birthday presents.
Both are Streamlight flashlights. The little one is really powerful and hooks onto my keychain. The bigger one is more of a normal flashlight and I plan to put it by my bed at night. It's not exactly a glamorous present...well, I take that back. Pink is pretty glamorous! And pretty! Regardless, I think it should be known that only my husband, my dear dear husband, would buy me Streamlight flashlights for my birthday.
And that is just one of the reasons I love my husband. :)
2006- Surefire G2, xenon
ReplyDelete2007- Streamlight Stinger, xenon
2007- Surefire G2Z Combatlight, xenon, gift to brother
2009- Streamlight Stinger DS LED
2010- Safariland Rapid Light System, LED
2010- Fenix PD30, LED
2010- Streamlight Nano, LED, gift to wife
2010- Streamlight Pro Polymer, xenon, gift to wife
I like flashlights. When I buy you a knife I can do this again.
And they do make pink guns. And pink grips for guns. FYI.
:)
Did you see my link to Ian's award last week. He receive the RCMP Medal of Valour. I am so proud of my son. Mind you he did not tell me as 'it was nothing... all in the line of duty etc...' Ian is modest to a fault.
ReplyDelete